Working in other countries

The IVNTA does not govern or register/license veterinary nurses / technicians. Please contact the local association to enquire whether they recognise international qualifications.

If you are interested in working as a veterinary nurse / technician internationally the IVNTA recommends that you contact the national association for that country directly. They should be able to offer advice regarding qualifications and requirements for employment, including registration if necessary, as well as employment opportunities.

It is also recommended that you contact the relevant immigration authorities for current requirements regarding work visas / permits.