The IVNTA is responsible for:
- Maintaining an up-to-date list of members,
- Keeping members informed regarding relevant information and events,
- Maintaining regular communication with members,
- Providing a channel of open communication for members,
- Offering help and advice to enquirers.
This is coordinated by the secretary general. The current secretary general is Virginia Thomas VN.
Past secretary generals:
2007 – 2014 Sandy Hass of the Registered Veterinary Technologists and Technicians of Canada
1993 – 2007 Representatives of the British Veterinary Nursing Association