The IVNTA is a federation of national veterinary nurse / technician associations. It seeks to; foster and promote links with veterinary nursing / technician staff worldwide by communication and co-operation, raise the international profile of veterinary nurses and technicians, and raise the standard of veterinary nurses and technicians internationally.
The International Veterinary Nurse and Technicians Association exists to:
- Maintain contact with veterinary nurse & technician associations around the world,
- Provide a channel of open communication for members,
- Offer help and advice to enquirers.
Despite contrasts between veterinary nursing / technician training and conditions in member countries there are similarities which unite them:
- Veterinary nurses/ technicians are a valuable part of the veterinary team,
- Veterinary nursing / technology is developing and progressing rapidly on a global basis,
- Many countries have established a professional body to represent veterinary nursing / technician staff with the aim of developing professional standards and career structure for VNs and VTs in their country,
- Veterinary nursing / technology is becoming increasingly valued worldwide.