International Veterinary Nurses and Technicians Association
The IVNTA is an association of member countries which seeks to foster and promote links with veterinary nursing / veterinary technician staff worldwide by communication and co-operation.
The International Veterinary Nurse and Technicians Association exists to:
- Maintain contact with veterinary nurse & technician associations around the world,
- Provide a channel of open communication for members,
- Offer help and advice to enquirers.
Despite many contrasts between veterinary nursing / veterinary technician training and conditions in different member countries there are many similarities which unite them:
- Veterinary nurses/ veterinary technicians are a valuable part of the veterinary team,
- Veterinary nursing / veterinary technology is developing and progressing rapidly on a global basis,
- Many countries have established a professional body to represent veterinary nursing / veterinary technician staff with the aim of developing professional standards and career structure for VNs and VTs in their country,
- Veterinary nursing / veterinary technology is becoming increasingly valued worldwide.