International Veterinary Nurses and Technicians Association
The IVNTA is an association of member countries which seeks to foster and promote links with Veterinary Nursing / Veterinary Technician staff worldwide by communication and co-operation.
The International Veterinary Nurses and Technicians Association exists to:
- Maintain address contact with the Veterinary Nurses and Veterinary Technician Associations that exist in the world
- Provide a channel of open communication for members.
- Offer help and advice to inquirers
There are many contrasts between different member countries’ training and conditions for veterinary nursing / veterinary technician staff. There are also many similarities which unite them:
- Veterinary Nurses/ Veterinary Technicians are a valuable part of the veterinary team.
- Veterinary Nursing / Veterinary Technology is developing and progressing rapidly on a global basis.
- Many countries have established a professional body to represent veterinary nursing / veterinary technician staff with the aim of developing professional standards and career paths for VN’s and VT’s in their country.
- Veterinary Nursing / Veterinary Technology is a rewarding and popular career and one that is becoming valued by our colleagues worldwide.